Everyone loves to spend a day at the spa getting pampered, but spending time at the spa is expensive and time consuming. You can make an herbal facemask from ingredients that you probably already have in the house and save both time and money, while still treating your skin. Regularly using facemasks can aid in unclogging pores, removing dead skin cells, and even preventing the formation of lines and wrinkles. By following this simple recipe, you can make your own spa quality face mask, and start pampering your way to beautiful, healthy skin.
1 egg white
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon dried herb(s) such as lavender, mint leaves, rosemary, chamomile flowers, or fennel
1. You want to begin by thoroughly cleansing your face, and making sure that all makeup has been washed away.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon honey, 1 raw egg white, 1 tablespoon powdered milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite dried herb(s) like lavender, mint leaves, rosemary, chamomile flowers, or fennel. If you want, you can even choose more than one herb for your facemask.
3. Whisk the ingredients either by hand or on low with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is light and creamy.
4. Apply the herbal mixture to the face and throat areas.
5. Now just sit somewhere and relax for 15-20 minutes, and allow the facemask to set.
6. One the facemask has set, you can rinse your face and throat areas thoroughly with warm water to remove the facemask.
The more frequently that you pamper you skin with facials, the healthier your skin will become. Facials help to diminish blemishes, open up clogged pores, remove dead skin, and prevent wrinkles. What more reason could you need to indulge yourself? So go pamper your way to beautiful skin with this inexpensive, homemade herbal facial recipe. A spa day at home is not only good for your skin, it can also be a great way to relax and unwind from the stresses of life.